What are LED flood lights used for?
LED flood lights are primarily used to brighten an outdoor location for security or display, using high intensity lighting.
Benefits of LED flood lights
LED flood lights have multiple advantages over other types of flood lights, such as halogen and incandescent bulbs.
- Produce less heat – their low operating temperature means that they do not generate as much heat as other types of bulbs and are thus safer and can be used in a variety of settings.
- Last longer – they can last 50,000 to 60,000 hours, which is considerably longer than other types. For example, halogen flood lights have a maximum life of 800 – 1,200 hours.
- Energy efficient – this is measured by how much energy is required to produce the same amount of light. For example, to produce the same amount of light as a 60 watt incandescent light, a halogen incandescent would require 42 watts compared to an LED light which would require 12 watts. Switching from traditional flood lights to LED flood lights could save more than 80% in energy consumption costs.
- Low maintenance – LED flood lights last for years, requiring less replacement bulbs and less maintenance, freeing up time for other business needs.
- Eco friendly – Unlike other types of bulbs, LED flood lights do not contain toxic waste products and can be recycled safely.
- Instant on – LED flood lights do need to warm up or cool down. They provide bright lighting whenever you need it.
- Better CRI – CRI, or Color Rendering Index, measures how colors look under a light source when compared to natural sunlight. The index is from 0 to 100, with 100 indicating that the colors under the light source appear as they would in natural sunlight. LED flood lighting provides a natural, vivid lighting between 80 – 90 CRI.
See our other lighting solutions.
Choosing the right LED flood light
Whether you have a brand new building or you are retrofitting or replacing your lighting, there are several things to keep in mind, such as:
- Location – Is it placed on the building or ground, on a wall or ceiling?
- How bright – How much light is needed?
- Beam angle – Do you need a focused light or lighting for a larger space?
- How it should work – Do you need the light to work on something other than an on/off switch, such as a timer or motion sensor?
Take a closer look at our products: Fort Worth LED Flood Light Series
Ultravision: Your lighting experts
Whether you have a brand new building project or you are planning a retrofit or replacement, Ultravision is here to help. Choose our affordable, quality LED Flood Lights or speak with one of our lighting experts to see how you can replace your older lighting and begin saving money immediately. Contact us today.