What is an LED lighting retrofit?
A LED retrofit is the conversion of an existing lighting fixture to an LED lighting fixture. Existing fixtures could be CFL, incandescent, fluorescent or other types of lighting fixtures. It could also mean replacing them entirely if conversion is not practical or possible.
Four Ways LED Lighting Can Save Money
- Energy Savings – LED lighting is energy efficient. Compared to other types of lighting, they use about half the electricity. If you calculate your bulb wattage, the number you are using, and the hours per year you use them, you will be amazed at the amount of savings per year you can expect. LED bulbs use at least 75% less energy than incandescent lighting, according to Energy.gov.
- Maintenance Savings – LED lighting has a lifespan of between 35,000 to 100,000 hours, compared to 1,500 to 15,000 hours for traditional, older types of lighting. Imagine what you will save just in the cost of replacing and maintaining your lighting every year.
- Product Savings – Because LED lights last longer, you won’t have to pay as much to replace them. They do cost more initially to purchase but they will more than pay for themselves, with a near immediate return on your investment.
- HVAC Savings – Older lights generate an immense amount of heat, making the temperature of your building higher and more costly to cool down. LED lights generate little to no heat, making this another huge savings to your budget.
Planning an LED lighting retrofit
Replacing older lighting will save money, there’s no question about it. But how do you prepare for a retrofit?
Here are some questions to answer while you are planning:
What type of lights do you have now? This is important to know because it will help you determine whether you can use your existing fixtures with drop in LED bulbs or if you need to replace your fixtures as well.
What type of facility do you have? Does it require precise lighting over a work space? Does it need a more visually pleasing aesthetic?
What type of environment? Outdoor LED lighting needs to be sealed from the elements, as does lighting in dusty environments.
Ultravision: LED Lighting Experts
Ultravision doesn’t just sell LED lights, although if you already know what you want, we’re here for that. We also offer the expert lighting services you need to make your retrofit project come off without a hitch. Here are just some of the services we provide when you partner with us:
- Retrofit management – Ultravision is your partner when it comes to planning and managing a retrofit project. We can help you save money on lighting costs while providing your business with superior, efficient LED lighting products.
- Lighting rebates – our lighting experts will find you the best savings for your project, including locating and managing rebates and other incentives from the government or utility companies.
- Installation – we work with trusted installation partners to ensure that your lighting is installed properly and safely.
Contact us today and let Ultravision, the LED lighting experts, help you save money and energy by retrofitting your lighting.
LED Display Rentals take your event or church service to a new level. No IT department needed – easy set up with US based support.