Why Your Church Should Buy a LED Screen
Why Your Church Should Buy a LED Screen (And How to Choose the Right One)
As your church grows, so does the need to enhance people's experience. One of the best ways to engage congregations is to buy an LED screen. This cutting-edge technology makes your sermon points compelling and draws larger masses to your gatherings.
But what else makes buying an LED display screen for a church a wise investment? You'll find out in this article. We'll also tell you how to choose the right church LED screen for your environment.
Benefits of Buying an LED Video Wall for Church
More and more churches are installing high-quality LED screens for their churches because they boost member engagement and increase attendance.
Optimized Visibility and Colors
Standard projectors aren't bright enough to engage audiences, as they hinder easy reading. Most products have less than 100-150 nits. As a result, they're only suitable for dark rooms.
By contrast, large LED screens for churches are known for exceptional video quality. They come with 300-800 nits, so there's no need to lower visibility to improve the viewing experience. Therefore, the gadgets are perfect for areas where the lighting conditions are ambient. This makes them a better choice than an LCD or projection solution, especially if you hold your sermons at different points of the day.
Another great thing about LED panels is that you can streamline the contrast ratio by raising black levels or color brightness. As these machines have higher illumination intrinsically, white colors might be too bright for some settings. However, you can easily solve this problem by adjusting the contrast ratio. LED products support stunning ranges (up to 6000:1), allowing you to present images in more detail, shading, and color subtlety.
Finally, a state-of-the-art LED video wall for church boasts phenomenal grayscale settings. This feature refers to the number of shades from dark to light. Robust LED panels can handle 16-bit color depth processing and maintain optimal grayscale without ruining the quality of your images. Hence, your congregation can effortlessly keep up with scriptures, live feeds, and song lyrics. This is another reason they're superior to a conventional display solution that often looks blurry or washed.
When setting up video sermons, the last thing you want is for your display technologies to malfunction in the middle of the session. Unfortunately, that's what frequently happens with non-LED panels for churches. They typically last just three to six years and need constant maintenance. On top of that, they normally feature just one light source for the projection, which is why they give out so quickly.
Conversely, LED walls for churches are built to last for up to two decades. The bulbs have an impressive service life of up to 100,000 hours, and they require minimal upkeep. Moreover, these products come with self-emitting light sources that brighten up the room uniformly. Thus, the load is more evenly distributed, which helps extend the lifespan of your video walls.
The only downside of LED screens for church is that they're a bit on the expensive side. That said, they more than make up for it with their energy-efficient design, making them better in the long run.
LED displays are modular, meaning you can easily replace a panel or bulb for a small price. As previously mentioned, there's minimal maintenance involved, and they outlast traditional projectors. They consume 40%-50% less energy than standard products, which translates to substantial savings and justifies the higher price.
Perfect for Indoor and Outdoor Services
LED solutions are becoming increasingly popular due to their flexibility. They provide an engaging space for congregations to gather and worship, both inside and outside. If you want to set up an indoor session, here's what you can use LED machines for:
- Speaker presentations: An LED display lets you broadcast camera feeds of guests or other speakers with exceptional clarity. It also allows you to supplement your lyrics and presentations with captivating visuals.
- Special events: LED products are ideal for enhancing special occasions, such as weddings, plays, and baptisms. People with poor eyesight or in the back of your house of worship can enjoy the celebration as well as other guests.
- Distant worship: Christmas and Easter attract huge crowds, and you need to make sure everyone has the same experience. You can install LED panels for churches in an overflow room to do so. Another great idea is to broadcast live feeds from your sanctuary, so your congregation can pray in a high-quality setting. Coupled with other devices, you can also stream events to members who couldn't attend. This is especially useful for disabled people and older adults.
LED video isn't meant for indoor sermons only. It's also perfect for bringing worship outside your church. When hosting outside events, your congregation comes together in a casual environment and enjoys crystal-clear images.
These are just some ideas for using an LED screen for an outdoor church service:
- Holiday celebrations: As discussed earlier, you generally expect large gatherings during Christmas and other major holidays. If your church can't accommodate many people, holding an outdoor service with large LED screens for churches is an excellent solution. There's more space, and your audience can easily keep up with your speech due to higher video quality.
- Community-wide events: Church isn't just about praying and sermons. You can also invite the community to faith-based movie nights, carnivals, and commemorate Biblical achievements or other outdoor activities. But you can't do so without powerful video technology, and LED is your best choice. It can take any event to the next level with vivid colors, adequate contrast ratios, and outstanding brightness. This makes the sessions highly entertaining, attracting more people to your sanctuary.
How Do You Find the Right LED Display Screen for Church?
LED technology is beneficial, but this doesn't mean you should purchase just any screen. You need to base your decision on a number of factors.
Viewing distance is also known as pixel pitch. The finer your pitch, the closer your viewers can approach the screen without compromising their worship experience. And when your audience is closer than the recommended viewing distance, they'll see the individual LEDs, negatively affecting their sessions.
However, does this mean you should only consider LEDS with finer pitch? Absolutely not. Finely-pitched video walls require more lamp lights, which can increase the cost drastically.
In addition, solutions with a viewing distance of 1mm or under may be unnecessary because your audience is unlikely to come this close. Most people go for 3-mm devices, as they're budget-friendly and generate excellent video.
If you plan on using LED walls for churches indoors, you should consider products with higher resolution. By contrast, lower resolution usually does the trick for outdoor applications.
One of the most popular resolutions is 4K. It generates breathtaking images in practically any setting and allows your audience to sit near the screen without noticing individual pixels. Devices with 1080p work great, too, but anything lower than that may not be good enough for your congregation.
When discussing the aspect ratio, the choice typically comes down to two options: 16:9 and 4:3. On the one hand, a 16:9 aspect ratio creates a super-wide frame and presents information mostly horizontally. On the other hand, 4:3 displays show images more vertically.
When shopping for a video wall for your church, the biggest mistake you can make is to only consider the hardware. Software is just as important. There are several things you should take into account regarding your software:
- Content: LED video displays should let you play one clip or image at a time without any issues. That said, some devices may not support advanced functionality, like playing multiple forms of media simultaneously. If you want to broadcast this content to your audience often, make sure the software is compatible with it.
- Resolution and content: Software is essential because it ensures your content matches your resolution. In other words, it enables the video to fill up the screen without leaving empty spaces or edges. Otherwise, the viewing experience will be sub-par.
- Ease of use: Using an LED screen can be tricky if you're not tech-savvy. Therefore, you may not be able to get used to the device, preventing you from improving your sermons. The best workaround is to choose a product with intuitive software.
LED screens can be bulky. They may come with aluminum cases for stability, but they can still be too heavy for some houses of worship. Hence, consult a technical engineer before assuming your ceiling or wall can support the weight. Also, hire a professional to mount the unit to protect your investment and avoid safety hazards.
Considering the environment that will house your LED technology is critical. For example, if your church has a large number of windows, it has high ambient light. Therefore, your screen might not generate enough brightness, so you'll need to find a bigger unit.
Real estate is another important consideration. If you don't have enough room for rear projections, look for devices that can be installed in the front of your sanctuary. However, keep in mind that this requires you to put the projector over your audience or at the center of the place. Some congregations might not be happy with the tradeoff, so consult your audience beforehand.
On top of that, you'll need to be super-picky if you're buying an LED display for the outdoors since bad weather can compromise their functionality. Look for products with a high IP rating, as they can resist pollution and water intrusion.
There are numerous LED video wall purveyors, and the quality varies greatly. Some are well-established companies with specialized equipment and optimized products. Others provide cheap items, but the quality is questionable. Investing in such offerings can be tempting, but you shouldn't take a chance.
Apart from low-quality LEDs, these companies offer unreliable technical support. The devices perform many demanding electrical operations, so timely support is paramount. Otherwise, you may not resolve any malfunctions in time, forcing you to hold your sermon without appropriate equipment.
To prevent this scenario, only work with businesses with dependable technical teams. They should have vast experience and proper tools, so they can service your unit correctly. Furthermore, they can recommend the ideal place to install your LED screen, and they should be available 24/7 for monthly maintenance and breakdowns.
Moreover, look for brands that ship their LEDs with comprehensive warranties. You may need to pay a bit more, but the peace of mind you get with these policies is invaluable. It assures you any repairs will be covered by the manufacturer, keeping your budget intact.
Get Your Search for the Right Church LED Screen Underway
The key to buying a high-quality LED video wall for a church is to take your time. Analyze all the factors and be sure the device suits your environment perfectly. This reduces the risk of performance issues and helps prolong the unit's lifespan. Best of all, your congregation will appreciate the upgrade and look forward to your sermons.